Psychology Internship Program
Stipend and Benefits
For 2019-2020, the stipend for the psychology interns will be $32,000.
The internship will begin on August 1, 2019 and end on July 31, 2020.
A number of benefits are made available to interns by the University and CMHC:
UT Employee Services
- Currently, U.T. pays 100% of the cost of medical and prescription drug coverage for the employee. The University also pays part of the cost of medical and prescription drug coverage for family members. Other benefits (e.g., life, disability, accident, dental, and vision insurance) are available at an additional cost. Employees can tailor coverages to fit their needs.
UT Insurance Benefits
Health Insurance costs for family members
- Vacation and sick leave are accrued at the rate of 8 hours each per month. Paid holidays and professional leave (to attend professional workshops or conferences) are also provided.
- Interns accrue compensatory time for weeks in which more than 40 hours are worked.
- Interns receive a variety of other university benefits, such as a shuttle bus service, recreational sports membership (at an additional cost), and access to the University's extensive library system.
- Each intern's office is equipped with a computer, laser printer, internet access, a video camera, and a high-quality microphone. In addition, interns have on-going, as-needed access to Information Technology professionals, who are available to assist interns and staff with needs related to technology.
- Texas currently has no state income tax.
- A mandatory monthly contribution to the state's Teacher Retirement System is required of each employee. However, at the end of internship, contributions to the plan may be withdrawn with interest.
Please note that the above benefits are subject to change.
Interns will be required to use 40 hours of their accrued leave time during the last five days of internship, making Friday, July 24, 2020 their final day of attendance at CMHC.
Interns are required to carry Professional Liability Insurance that covers their activities during the internship year.