Community values students
- Demonstrate to students that they are valued members of the
Students as resources
- Give students useful leadership and participatory roles in the
classroom community (e.g., let them be the experts in certain
areas, allow them to provide support to their peers).
Individual service to others
- Assignments/projects provide opportunities for students to
serve in the community.
Participation in group philanthropy or service commitments/
- Provide opportunities for students to join with others to engage
- Ensure students feel safe in the classroom and other learning
- Remind students to utilize mechanisms to enhance their and
their peers’ safety (e.g., going out in pairs/groups, using SURE Walk).