Survivor’s Emergency Fund
Providing financial assistance to survivors of sexual violence, relationship violence and or stalking with the goal of increasing that student’s safety and independence. Since its founding in 2001, the fund has been supported entirely by individual contributions.
Types of expenses covered:
- Safety related needs (changing locks on a vehicle or home, getting an unlisted telephone number or alternate cell phone, etc.)
- Costs related to medical care, including expenses related to sexual assault medical care and forensic evidence collection
- One-time assistance with rent and/or utilities
- Assistance with legal fees related to abuse and divorce, custody, or immigration issues
- Temporary childcare fees
- Storage and moving fees
- Payment to and from an out-of-town shelter or other safe space
- Books, fees, or other school-related expenses
- Removal of financial bars
- Must be currently enrolled at UT Austin
- Must have experienced some form of interpersonal violence (sexual violence, relationship violence, stalking) that has compromised your current safety, coping, and/or independence.
For information and to apply, contact the Counseling and Mental Health Center by calling 512-471-3515, Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Ask to schedule a Voices Against Violence advocacy appointment.