Join Quitters, a four-session class on smoking cessation facilitated by a qualified professional. Class size is limited and held in a small group format to maximize opportunities for group support.
Some benefits of becoming a non-smoker
- Improve your chances for longer life
- Look and feel healthier
- Smell better
- Feel more energetic
- Breathe easier and be able to exercise
- Save money
- Protect those around you who may be harmed by your smoking, especially if you are pregnant or around children
Quitters is free to UT students.
Quitters is based on a program that teaches skills proven by research to help smokers quit for good. The classes will focus on addressing all aspects of smoking to help increase your chance for success.
- Learn about nicotine dependence and its multiple effects on the brain and body
- Explore the various tools and strategies available to help reduce withdrawal symptoms, including a brand-switching technique and nicotine replacement therapies
- Address emotional dependence and learn coping skills for dealing with stressful situations without smoking
- Determine individual habits and behaviors around smoking and develop new routines
- Pro-actively plan for dealing with triggering situations or environments
- Prepare for cravings and how to control them
One of the biggest advantages of this program is the element of group support. Members are encouraged to support one another both in and outside of group.
Classes are held in the Student Services Building (SSB) on the 5th floor in the large conference room on various days and times throughout the year.
Call the Counseling and Mental Health Center (CMHC) at 512-471-3515 for more information or to sign up.
Other Online Resources